For todays info leak it seems NewEgg.com has jumped the gun and listed the upcoming Toshiba Tablet on their website. The listings show the first Android 3.0 Honeycomb tablet from Toshiba will be priced as follows; $449 for 8GB, $499 for 16GB and $579 for 32GB. All the models listed are Wi-Fi only models of the tablet.
The model name for what Toshiba just calls “Toshiba Tablet” have also been exposed by Newegg. The 8GB, 16GB and 32GB models of this tablet have the following model names; TOSHIBA ANT-100, TOSHIBA ANT-102 and TOSHIBA ANT-104.
At this point all we really need to leak is a firm release date for this tablet. Toshiba has said in the past that the Toshiba Tablet would be launched in Spring but they haven’t said a month and day like other tablet makers have. The listings on Newegg are an encouraging sign that the release announcement might be coming very soon.
Main features for the Toshiba Tablet:
- Android 3.0 Honeycomb operating system – First Android OS just for tablets
- 10.1-inch multi-touch widescreen display with Adaptive Display Technology, supporting 720p
- NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core mobile processor; Android operating system
- 5.0 MP rear camera with autofocus and 2.0MP front-facing webcam; stereo speakers with Toshiba sound enhancements
- USB, mini-USB, and HDMI ports and full-sized SD card reader; Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity supporting Adobe Flash
- Easy Grip non-slip interchangeable rubber backplate, available in a variety of colors; user-replaceable prismatic lithium battery